Luxury Bathrooms has selected the top 10 most luxurious bathtubs across the globe.
Having a good home, nowadays, is more than a nice couch or a good stove. We now look for a bit of luxury to our homes. To do so, some people may need to spend a little bit more on certain items, but the truth is that they will prefer to equip their bathrooms, for instance, with high-end designed bathroom equipment. If the latter suits you, and money is not an obstacle, investing in a posh bathtub should interest you. Let us then see the 10 most luxurious bath tubs.
10. Le Cob Glass Bathtub: The price: $34,000 (€31,060) This is a simple tub with an infinity-pool like feature. A relaxing zen effect is given by the overflow of water from the tub into the tub’s rear and onto the bed of pebbles underneath. The size of this tub makes it ideal for relaxing, instead of cleansing, and fits any bathroom size.
See also: Top 10 Most Incredible Hotel Bathrooms
9. The Diamond Bathtub: The price: $39,000 (€35,628) This tub is a creation of Lori Garner. It is expensive and crafty, with about 45,000 traditionally set Swarovski crystals. It features four carefully attached cast-iron claw feet. The artisan’s took 3 years of work and a lot of attention to finalize the classy tub.
8. Red Diamond:The price: $47,200 (€43,119) It is a design by Aldo Puglielli. It is built with 18 karat solid gold nuggets of mass 42 grams. Created for Watergames Technologies, this modern and luxurious tub has multicolor lighting, 42-inch waterproof HDTV, Swarovski-encrusted champagne holders and massage.
7. Kallista Archeo Copper Bathtub: The price: $67,557 (€61716) This copper tub was handcrafted by the same people involved in restoring the Statue of Liberty’s torch. It is spacious enough, considering it is 5 feet long and 2.5 feet wide. It has a handheld shower unit with a starfish engraving on the knob.
6. Serenity Bathtub: The Price: $76,658.40 (€70,030) This piece is 2 feet tall & 18 inches deep. Finishes are solid bronze with silver and gold accents. Only a dozen of the same beautiful bathtubs were made.
5. Baldi Amethyst Bathtub: The price: $121,200 (€110,720) It is a purple beauty with 24-karat gold legs. It includes matching accessories, such as lotion dispenser, tumbler and a soap dish. To know how much the solid Amethyst is worth, you need to get back to the 18th century, since Amethyst was considered a rare gemstone, just like ruby, diamond, emerald and sapphire.
4. Baldi Malachite Bathtub: The price: $222,000 (€202,805) The designer of this fabulous boat-shaped tub is an Italian luxury designer called Luca Bojola. He crafted it using pure turquoise malachite and set it on 24 karat gold plated feet.
3. The Baldi Rock Crystal Bathtub: The price: $790,310 (€721,975) Luca Bojola designed 3 pieces of ultra high-end bathtubs for Baldi, Italian interiors firm. He used 10-ton Amazonian crystal to carve each of those three pieces. In addition, it is sculpted with diamond cuts. The partial rough edges on this tub enhance the natural beauty of the rock used. Two of the pieces are already sold. The remaining piece is at Harrods and is valued at the above price.
2. Golden Bathtub: The price: $987,000 (€901,658) Just like the name indicates, it is made of gold. A Japan hotel, Kominato Hotel, opened the tub to be used by their guests. They were just allowed a few hours each day for security reasons. Despite that minor restriction, it was a main attraction for visitors. Made of solid gold, this beauty piece weighs 176 pounds.
1. Le Grand Queen: The price: $1,700,000 (€1,553,008) It is carved from a gemstone called Caijou. Caijou is a rare gemstone used by ancient civilizations for its healing properties. It is so rare that the source of the gem is still kept a secret. Simon Krapf, the designer, used 10-ton of this gem to craft the tub in the shape of an Indonesian canoe. Together with a team of other stonemasons, he spent endless hours to complete this piece. The most expensive piece was sold to an anonymous buyer at the Dubai International Jewelry festival.